Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hot Chocolate



I love hot chocolate, unfortunately for me this year hasn't really been too cold! I made a mix of dark chocolate using dutch processed cocoa which I love. I have yet to finish the whole mix. But this past week I have enjoyed 2 cups! Yahoo. I love that we are getting some snow, we so badly need the moisture. I am watching the peas and flowers start to bud! It is almost April I can't believe how this year is flying past!
I went to Cottonwood Quilts this past week to say good bye to the store. I love fabric and took my first quilt class at this store. I had been wanting to learn to quilt for years but I always found some reason ( excuse) put it off. Then I just decided to do it, to quit putting it off. I had wanted to learn for what felt like forever. I had collected fabric, patterns, I owned a sewing machine, I just needed a little direction. It felt great to finally realize a dream. It started me thinking about all the other dreams and plans that I have. I have discovered first hand that there is no such thing as TIME. We make the time or we don't. Why is that? After struggling through some rough surgery and still enjoying the benefits of arthritis I realized something. Life wasn't going to stop for me until I found time. So now I have new plans and goals. I want to get some more formal education. I want to learn to create new things. While I was at the store I found this yummy stack of Moda fabric that will make perfect cards! Of course I have to keep to my schedule that comes with Spring-cleaning and organizing, finishing up little projects. So before I can play I have to finish. I am getting ready to take a watercolor class and can hardly wait! I have always loved watercolor paintings and have dabbled a little with pencils and crayons, always fun to create with. This will be more in depth and involve all the bells and whistles! I have always enjoyed learning new things and I think that with all the stress that is going on in the economy and throughout the world we all need to step back and regroup, take the time to learn something new. I have procrastinated learning new things for several reasons, there wasn't enough time or money, blah, blah, blah. I am sure that we can all think of some good ones. Ok so we don't have money for "formal" school-how about learn a new crafting technique from a friend or on line? Check out a book or video from the library, the library is loaded with options. There are options to learn new construction things being taught at Home Depot almost every weekend. The options are pretty endless. We just need to adjust our thinking and where we look. Learning something new will keep us energized and focusing on positive change. Take time everyday for yourself. There is a quote I like by Marion G. Romney "How can we give if there is nothing there? Food for the hungry cannot come from empty shelves. Money to assist others cannot come from an empty purse. Support and understanding cannot come from the emotionally starved. Teaching cannot come from the unlearned."
There is always so much negative information that we get pounded with daily. Take the time to reflect on what you have to offer. And if you are in need, reach out. I see daily, kind and loving acts performed by others. If you have a skill to offer, teach. If you have ears to hear, listen. If you want love and support, love and support. You will be amazed how it comes back to you. Be positive. Nothing will help the day to day grind more than being positive. Look forward to all the good and beautiful things that Spring offers, new blossoms, new life. Do a kind deed each day, when you need it, someone will return the favor!

1 comment:

janel said...

Hey there...so many good thoughts! Hey, I have been thinking May Baskets, and wondered about getting with you sometime or putting in an order for some die cut baskets. Email me and let's figure out a way to get it done!
hugs
J