Friday, March 6, 2009

Ah Spring



I have really been basking in the sunshine this past few weeks. Enjoying 70 degree weather in February. It has been so nice, my thoughts have moved into Spring and of course Easter. I have been creating all kinds of bunny items. Paint cans, clear pails, cards! I love this time of year and even though I should be doing more spring cleaning-I have been having fun. The spring cleaning is coming along as well. When I was going through my closet I was kind of sad to realize, that while I love the sunshine, I have a bunch of sweaters that I haven't been able to wear because it really never got that cold. Of course as soon as I pack them away we will get dumped on and freeze! Or maybe the snow is waiting for my lettuce and peas to start peaking up in the garden? Either way I guess like all things that happen to us, we have got to take what we are given and be happy. I think the financial crisis that we are all facing in some degree is kind of, in a way, helping us to see what is really important. Yes I like having new stamps and all of the new crafting "toys" but as I have had to look through my ample assortment of supplies to find things I realize, I am really blessed and I love that I have supplies to go through. Like a squirrel I have stock piled paper and embellishments as well as dies and embossing folders, many of which I have not even had time to play with. Now I have things better organized and can really enjoy playing with my supplies and trying new techniques with my stash. Yes, I still want new things and enjoy checking the paper and email for coupons. Now I have a small budget and always need a coupon before I am tempted to purchase anything! It has been good for me. Really has helped me appreciate all I do have. Of course it will be nice to see people employed again and not losing their homes. Sometimes hard things teach us the most. I think that is the best way to look at hard experiences. What am I supposed to learn from this experience? That helps me focus on the fact, that as my Father used to always say "It came to pass" all things do eventually move on and we recover and are stronger because of them. I hope that you as well are hunkering down and that when this time passes you will be unscathed.

No comments: