Friday, February 5, 2010

" We all may have come on different ships but we are on the same boat now."  
Martin Luther King

I really like this quote. It kind of goes along the line of think globally, act locally.  I am not always sure that I see the big picture.  I think of the tiny space I take up in this life and wonder if what I do or say even matters in the "big picture."  I am a journal writer. I have kept a journal since I was young.  I write about lots of different thing-the weather sometimes, things that are happening in my life, my family.  I wonder sometimes if these scribbles that I have collected will some day matter to someone else?  Who knows.  I don't keep them to matter to anyone but me.  I got caught up the other day when I was cleaning off my bookshelf, in reading some of my past entry's.  After taking an official journal writing class I had started to include in my various writings, world happenings, local weather, things of those nature.  Thoughts of the day things that are happening.  I find writing in my journal peaceful, mind clearing.  I think that I can write about experiences that maybe were a learning curve, tough, painful, and after sharing my thoughts I can let them go.  I found re-reading some of my entry's I wondered who was speaking?  Do ever have that experience?  I find myself laughing at things I wrote especially if I wondered if I was going to make it through a certain experience and sometimes just to laugh at what I thought used to be so terrible, now knowing better.  Good times, bad times.  Happy, funny.  I enjoy reading blogs, to me they are for all intents and purposes journal entry's.  I am the kind of person who liked to read the journaling on scrapbook pages-even when the writing was tiny.  I like to read what other people think about things.  It is fascinating how connected we can all be...

No comments: